Check out my Black Outlined Teal Nails!
Now, seeing as I have stubby guitar playing sausages instead of real fingers, I don’t always get a chance to experiment with nail designs.
Seeing as I barely have any nail real estate lol, I usually stick with simple designs that don’t take forever to do (also because I’ll probably ruin them the next day at band prax anyway).
This one seemed like an easy design to do for short nails so I took pics!
1 bright color (some tealy color from LA Disco Brites)
1 opaque black polish (Caronia)
1 opaque black striper (Sassy)
1 clear top coat (Revlon)
Cover entire nail in black polish:
Wait for black polish to dry completely before applying 2nd color.
Don’t worry if it looks like crud, you can fix it with the next coat. The trick is to leave a black outline all around. If you mess up, you can fix it with the striper. Look, mine doesn’t look all that great either :|
2nd coat looks much better!
Of course, since I am ME, that means a bit of a mess. Fixed it with a black striper to make the outline neater.
Finish off with top coat so your kyot nails don’t get ruined!
Then go watch Community/Girls/Supernatural/Sherlock/Fringe. Do it. DO. IT.
Summer’s here! I had teal/sea-green nails from a photoshoot, but I wanted to spruce them up. So I did a simple tape manicure.
1. Paint nails any bright teal/turquoise color. I used Sea Green from San San. I also have a thin layer of Chunky Holo Bluebell by Kleancolor on top of the Sea Green, so there are little holographic flakes.
2. Wait for your nails to be 200% dry. In fact, tape manis work better if you do the taping part the next day! It’s because half-dry polish will come up with the tape when you rip it off. To make sure tape isn’t super sticky, stick it on and off your arm before taping it to your nail.
3. Tape over the part you don’t want any polish on. Check out Nailside, the queen of all tape manis, for instructions! I used the regular white masking tape because it isn’t too sticky, but it’s also opaque so i just winged the placement. :P
4. Paint over with 2nd layer color. I chose Goldhearted from Caronia.
5. Carefully remove tape right after painting. Don’t wait for nail polish to dry.
6. Top coat and you’re done! <3